Friday, October 23, 2009

Texas Mountain Laurels

Simmons Oak Farms can't wait to begin harvesting this year's crop of Texas Mountain Laurels, Sophora secundaflora.  They are still putting on fresh growth so we'll wait another couple of weeks.    This years crop looks great -  full trees with lots of bloom stems.   Most should bloom heavily this spring.  Your customers will love that!  Imagine how stunning this tree will look when all these stems are covered with clusters of purple flowers.
These are the bloom stems


If you haven't placed your order  yet, give us a call!

2 comments:

  1. I remember the first year I saw those flower buds on the laurel I didn't know that's what they were and I cut some off! Then I learnt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose - I just passed a McDonald's that has trimmed it Texas Mountain Laurels. They look great - but I wonder how many bloom stems they cut off in the process.

    ReplyDelete