Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Welcome to our little experiment

Welcome to our little experiment - a blog based on the wholesale nursery (or tree farm) business - there's a big difference between what we do and what a greenhouse operation does. We grow large landscape trees and palm trees - so that's what I'll be writing about - well, mainly. You can count on me getting on a rant every now and again. I have wondered who will want to read this (besides my sister, Betsy, that is). But whoever you are, I hope you will be free with your comments.

Simmons Oak Farms (that's us) grows Live Oaks (surprise?), Cedar Elm, Anacua, and Texas Mountain Laurel trees along with a large selection of palm trees. Palms are our newest venture; and it's been a bit of trial by error so far. We've killed them with herbicide, let them drown, and a few winters ago the deer decided they were a tasty addition to their diet! But now we have some that are actually large enough to sell!

I'm glad you stopped by and hope you drop in often!

No comments:

Post a Comment